Personal Information Protection Policy
Nippon Information and Communication Corporation (hereinafter referred to as “NI+C”) believes that protection of customers’ personal information is the basis for NI+C’s work and a social responsibility, and we stipulate a personal information protection policy as stated below and will strive to make the policy known and thoroughly complied with by each of our board members and employees.
- Collection, use, provision, and deposit of personal information
- In the event that NI+C will directly collect personal information, it will clarify the purposes of use for the customer and collect the information after obtaining agreement from the customer. Personal information that is collected will be limited to the scope of use and handled appropriately.
- In the event that personal information that is collected will be provided to a third party within a scope that is in accordance with the purposes, the purposes of use will be clarified, and appropriate handling will be conducted after obtaining clear agreement from the customer.
- In the event that personal information that is collected will be given (deposited) to a third party for a reason such as smooth promotion of work, NI+C will select a party that has sufficient personal information protection standards, strive to ensure compliance with protection standards by concluding an agreement, and conduct appropriate handling.
- Prevention of risks for personal information, and correction
NI+C will strictly manage customers’ personal information and conduct the necessary and appropriate prevention and corrective measures against risks such as unauthorized access, loss, destruction, manipulation, and leaks.
- Compliance with laws and ordinances related to personal information and other standards
For handling personal information, NI+C will comply with laws related to protection of personal information, the Telecommunications Business Act, other laws and ordinances related to protection of personal information, and guidelines, and will strive to protect personal information.
System for protection and management of personal information, and continuous improvement of mechanisms
At NI+C, we will conduct continuous improvement for systems and mechanisms for management related to personal information protection.
Established on April 1, 2005
Nippon Information and Communication Corporation
Yujiro Hirose, President and CEO